I always like to get up a bit early to get my first post out of the way. It’s 4:50am where I am in Kelowna, BC, Canada and my house is silent save for the clacking on my keyboard and the wind outside. There are few things that will get me out of bed at this hour. Hockey is one, winter Olympics are another, and, of course, reading is high on the list!
I have chosen four books to read today. I gave up caffeine since the last read-a-thon so without that boost, I’m hoping to get through two of them! I’m starting with the Kiera Cass because it’ll be a great read to ease me into it.
Also since October, I got a new reading room! (Thank goodness for teen daughters who decide they want the basement room…). I finally have all of my books in once spot – most of which you can see here. I also have another shelf to the left that I started filling. Guess I have to shop for more books, hey? 🙂
I hope you’ll come visit my blog today to cheer me on and see what mini-challenges I’m participating in. Leave your own blog link and I’ll come visit you, too!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Canada
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Shadow Queen by Sandra Gulland
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Berries and Angel Food Cake
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Mom and wife, shy, introvert, NOH8, non-religious Christian who loves books, music, classic movies, hockey, Anne of Green Gables, and Clark Gable.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I probably won’t change much! Most looking forward to making new reading friends and connecting with more blogs.