I’ve done Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-thon quite a few times now. I believe this is my 5th, but it might be my 6th. I enjoy it so much. It gives me a chance to get caught up on some reading (especially now that I’m WORKING.. woe is me) and the great thing is that my daughters get into it, too. They are 15 and 11 now, but still interested, maybe mostly in the snacks! Whatever gets them involved though, right?
I went out and bought some snacks today. Missing from the picture are 8 beautiful palmiers from a French bakery here in town. I knew if I opened the box, they would get eaten so they shall remain unseen until tomorrow!! Which is actually today because I wrote this post yesterday but posted it just now.. that makes sense, yes? 🙂
Now for the books. I had a hard time choosing. There are so many on my TBR list. I decided to change the format of each book I read to keep it interesting – and to change things up so it doesn’t get monotonous. On my iPad/Kindle app, I decided on Hemingway’s Girl by Erika Robuck. I’ve heard it’s really great! On my NEW Kobo Aura (I got one early for free from Kobo for review – that will be coming soon) I’ll be reading The Queen’s Dollmaker by Christine Trent. I sounds interesting and has a Marie Antoinette connection so I’m all over that. As for the actual book I’m going to read, the pick is Rebeckah but Jill Eileen Smith. I really enjoy Biblical fiction.
I’d love to hear what you’re reading, too! Share with me 🙂
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Kelowna, BC, Canada
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Can’t pick… *twitch*
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Strawberries… and palmiers!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Mom, wife, Canadian, book junkie, lover of classic Hollywood (Clark Gable is the KING), hockey queen
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? More resting. Taking breaks is good!